Hosting Solutions Explanation
A hosting solution concerns stashing and/or sharing given content on a server run by a hosting vendor. There are different types of hosting services utilized for different goals, so let's examine them. In that way, you can choose what you need, on the basis of whether you'd like to have a site, mail addresses, or to share files with friends and associates.
1 website hosted
30-Day Free Trial
Unlimited websites hosted
30-Day Free Trial
- File hosting: a solution provided by given vendors, which allows you to share huge files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived files, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single designation is to share files, since it does not offer web page uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine an inventory of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to see .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free file storage accounts often include adverts next to the download links, while a timer forces you to await a given stretch of time to view them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you run a paid file hosting plan, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no limit as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
Now, with the assistance of the cPanel web hosting retailers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud hosting". This is an entirely inappropriate explanation of the actual definition of "cloud hosting". A real cloud hosting environment would apportion the load between autonomous sets of servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending different hosting services (email, disk storage, statistics, DNS, databases, web hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is simply a variety of a storage space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; some vendors offer a hosting service for images only. This hosting variant is good if you would like to share a vast amount of pics with pals or partners since the service is commonly free. You will receive a randomly generated link for every picture or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for web sites.
- Email hosting: a service dedicated to administering your mail addresses. Some vendors provide hosting services for websites, but do not supply an email solution. If you desire to keep a mail address with your domain but do not want to own a site, then the email hosting solution is what you want. You can open email accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domain name. The email hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a particular video, or you can embed the video file in your web page that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of using this approach in lieu of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video brings about a specific amount of CPU load, so with several video clips and a few hundred viewers, you may have trouble with your hosting reserves. Embedding the video will enable you to utilize as many video files as you would like without hassling about system supplies.
- Hosting: this is the solution that you need if you wish to run a site. To a certain extent, it consists of all of the aforementioned hosting forms since, along with your web pages, you can also host pictures and files, you can create databases and e-mailbox accounts, upload videos, etc. At Hitash Consults Limited you can take a look at shared hosting and dedicated package plans that permit you to get all of the aforesaid solutions in one location. There may be limits depending on the form of hosting service that you've picked - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your hosting plan may be better or worse compared to the conventional e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are designed for particular content only.